Yak_NN introduces himself

Say hello to other friends of the Royal Navy Airship Service!

Yak_NN introduces himself

Postby Yak_NN » Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:03 am

My greetings to the crew of the airship!

I'm a new member from Russia, who's always been fascinated by lighter-than-air aircraft, from hot air balloons to blimps. Well, not that I don't like other flying machines either, but aerostats are my favourite. It may be because I was reading Jules Verne books and played Crimson Skies as a kid and teenager, but they're fascinating pieces of technology and I'm looking forward to discuss them with experts!
Apart from the airship era of the 1910s to 1930s, my favourite topics in aviation history are everything Interbellum, and Cold War East Bloc planes and helicopters.

See you soon on the forums, and thanks for having me here.

PS: My excuses to the moderators if this message needs to be confirmed twice, I had Internet issues when trying to post it the first time.
Yak_NN

Re: Yak_NN introduces himself

Postby Kona » Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:10 am

Welcome, Yak_NN, always good to hear from new members. I don’t know if any of us are “experts”, but we are at least enthusiasts, and we like a good story. It will be interesting to hear from your perspective, as parts of the story involve some Russian history and international relations. Also I compliment you on your command of English, which rivals some of us native speakers.
The tide is out; please leave a message.
Kona

Re: Yak_NN introduces himself

Postby Yak_NN » Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:19 pm

Thank you for your answer! I'll look further into the Russian part of the history of the airship, and see what I can find about it in my native language! And thank you again for my level of English; it would have been terrible if I were to rely only on school and university, but the Internet and games fortunately helped me out with it :lol:
Yak_NN

Return to Introductions