Aanmonsteren! Boarding from the Netherlands

Say hello to other friends of the Royal Navy Airship Service!

Aanmonsteren! Boarding from the Netherlands

Postby Jupiter » Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:32 pm

Something as mighty and majestic as the Flying Cloud is hard to miss, and even harder to resist. Therefore, I've decided to stay on board of this brilliant forum.
Introducing: I'm an aerospace engineering student at Delft University of Technology in the Netherlands, interested mainly in (historical) aviation. I can also often be found in an aviation museum, where we work on getting a replica of a 30's aerobatic aircraft back into the air (redesigning some failed parts, integrating radio, transponder, etc etc). Finally, I'm a drummer, and also writing texts/lyrics/poems in both Dutch and English.
Jupiter

Re: Aanmonsteren! Boarding from the Netherlands

Postby Sarge » Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:40 pm

You had me at "30's aerobatic aircraft." :) Is it a Bucher?
If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea; Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me. -Psalm 139
Sarge

Location: Wakefield Massachusetts when I can't be in Harrison Maine

Postby Jupiter » Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:18 am

Sorry, only now re-checked this topic... :P The aircraft is a Lambach HL II (PH-APZ), only one was built and we're the only replica. It was built to take back the title of "Dutch Aerobatic Champion" which was won by a German in a Bucker Jungmann in 1936. Unfortunately, the aircraft first flew only 2 weeks before 1937's championship, so there was barely any time to train on it, and it ended up taking fourth place.
The aircraft is powered by a Gipsy Major Mk1, and because of this characteristic nose, it's often mistaken for a Tiger Moth by laymen and for a Stampe by slightly more informed people.
Jupiter

Postby Sarge » Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:48 am

I hadn't ever heard of the Lambach, so I just googled it. Nice looking plane, it does look rather like a Stampe with the tail of a Jungmann.
If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea; Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me. -Psalm 139
Sarge

Location: Wakefield Massachusetts when I can't be in Harrison Maine

Return to Introductions