A bit about...

Say hello to other friends of the Royal Navy Airship Service!

A bit about...

Postby Clephan Reid » Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:39 am

Clephan Reid is actually my maternal great grandfather.

The fictional Clephan Reid was born in 1894 and grew up in Chicago and learned both German and French as a child. After college, he entered the US Army as an intelligence officer. In 'our world' he was sent to Europe in late 1916 as part of a clandestine operation. While working close to the lines he was forced to hold up in the basement of a mostly destroyed farmhouse. In this house he discovered 3 books under a loose flagstone.

One of the books was in French, but an archaic form, and the other two were in what he later discovered were Latin. He took the books with him and mailed them home when he was able, hoping to discover what kind of books a peasant farmer would hide rather in his basement rather than taking them with him when he fled the area.

I played Clephan in a Call of Cthulhu campaign for just over a year before his untimely dead in 1934 while succeeding in stopping a missile launch. Clephan had the best investigative stills in the group, but was considered a gun toting thug by the other investigators because he never went anywhere without an arsenal of weapons. The same arsenal that saved the entire group on many occasions.

I'm a veteran of the US Army. I served for 4 years in aviation (aircraft powerplant repairer) and two years as a truck driver in an armored unit. I really enjoy cliffhanger and pulp (horror is just one flavor) style games set in the period between the wars.
Clephan Reid

Return to Introductions