Airshipaholic nonAnonymous

Say hello to other friends of the Royal Navy Airship Service!

Airshipaholic nonAnonymous

Postby Sarge » Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:07 pm

Hello, I'm Sarge, and I'm an airshipaholic.

I stumbled across this website about a week ago and, after staying up reading until the wee hours more than once, have now caught up with the story. Paul Gazis, you, sir, are a storyteller. Kudos, my good man! Your characters are distinct and entertaining, your storylines intrigue me, and your research is quite thorough. Please, sir, may I have some more stories?

As for myself, I spent 20 years in the US Air Force, 14 as a crew chief and 6 as a flight engineer on C-130s. Retired three years ago, got my A&P (that's a civilian airplane mechanic license) in January, and my private pilot license in August. I'd like to get involved in missionary aviation work, possibly in the South Seas; Papua New Guinea is one of the hot spots for mission aviators these days.

And now I shall sit patiently by the screen until the next episode is posted...
If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea; Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me. -Psalm 139
Sarge

Location: Wakefield Massachusetts when I can't be in Harrison Maine

Re: Airshipaholic nonAnonymous

Postby PaulGazis » Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:24 pm

Welcome aboard, Sarge! It's good to have more readers who were in the Service to
keep me honest :)

Those C-130s are great aircraft -- quite possibly the best transport that will ever
be made. I'd always stop to watch when they were doing training at Moffett...
which now has a Zeppelin NT, which I also stop to watch. Congrats on those A&P
and GA licenses! When you make it to New Guinea, be sure to send back reports,
so I can work these into the story.
PaulGazis

Re: Airshipaholic nonAnonymous

Postby Sarge » Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:18 pm

Thanks for the welcome, Paul, and you're right about the Herkypig, it's a truly great airplane.

Does the ZNT stay in the big Macon hangar? I'd love to see a picture of that; it would give a sense of the scale of the ZRS ships.

I'll report from New Guinea if I make it there, but apparently I'll have to learn to play tennis first!
If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea; Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me. -Psalm 139
Sarge

Location: Wakefield Massachusetts when I can't be in Harrison Maine

Return to Introductions