Request permission to board!

Say hello to other friends of the Royal Navy Airship Service!

Request permission to board!

Postby Stikibunn » Wed May 12, 2010 3:33 am

Hiya,
The Name's Stikibunn, and enthusiest of litreture (a writer of short stories) and am very keen n things that are steam powered or awesome (including airships, planes, ships steam trains (my speciality a I work coccasionally with Melbourne's railway preservation groups) and especially sci-fi tech where ah can hide my limited mechanical and historical knowledge!) oh and robots.... I really like robots!
...Also anime but you proberbly guessed that I'm a really big kid like that!

Nice to meecha all!
Stikibunn

Re: Request permission to board!

Postby PaulGazis » Thu May 13, 2010 9:24 pm

Welcome aboard! It's good to have someone from Melbourne in the crew! The ship hasn't made it down to Port Philip Bay... yet... but I imagine it's only a matter of time. And who could forget the Apollo Bay Airship Races: a field of mighty dirigibles, negotiating that challenging slalom course around the Twelve Apostles :)

Paul

P.S. If you enjoy old trains, and ever make it out here to Northern California, you should nip on up to railway museum in Portola! It's mostly diesel-electric machinery, but the last time I was there, it was possible to rent engines by the hour. Though it would be well to wear appropriate clothing -- shorts, t-shirts, and sandals may not be entirely suitable attire for such an undertaking.

P.P.S. If you know of any good histories of Melbourne around the 1920s, send me a link! I can use as much info as I can get...
PaulGazis

Postby gunner » Tue May 18, 2010 6:07 am

g'day, and welcome aboard. i've got a mate in oz interested in old steam trains, calls himself "sasquatch" online over at ralph howard's "tales of the questor" forum, d'ye know him by chance?
gunner

Postby Kona » Tue May 18, 2010 7:06 am

Stiki, you and I share a lot of interests. Besides most machinery and tech, I like boats and ships of every kind, manga and anime, and I have a chat buddy in Perth who keeps me informed about local hazards such as drop bears. Welcome aboard!
The tide is out; please leave a message.
Kona

Return to Introductions