Permission to Enlist, Sir

Say hello to other friends of the Royal Navy Airship Service!

Permission to Enlist, Sir

Postby Logan Marchman » Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:28 am

Is the post of cabin boy open? I don't turn 18 until the first of september, and from reading the other introductions it appears that i'm by far the youngest on board. Its only fitting.

Brilliant story so far by the way.
Soo.. Little about myself.
I live in the state of Texas, U.S. Compete in football, baseball, power lifting, and track. Like to read, dont spend too much time on the internet so i figure ill drop by here more or less weekly :)
Logan Marchman

Re: Permission to Enlist, Sir

Postby PaulGazis » Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:09 pm

Welcome aboard, Logan! And I must say that power lifting and airships just seem to go together, though track and football (I imagine Jenkins would call it 'grid-iron football' to distinguish it from soccer) might be a more of a challenge :)

If you turn 18 this fall, then by the traditions of the Royal Navy Airship Service, you'd already be a midshipman, part way through their first deployment, getting ready for that nerve-wracking Lieutenant's Exam! Presumably this would be followed by a posting to the South Pacific, sultry island maidens, etc. Such things may not be an option in the 21st century in our world, but I must note that Texas has earned considerable fame as a hang gliding area, and many world records have been set from the aero-tow site at Big Spring.
PaulGazis

Re: Permission to Enlist, Sir

Postby Logan Marchman » Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:04 am

I wish it did in our time. Might be a reason to enlist other than wanting to be thrown into the sandbox. And iv the name before, although iv never hang-glided. Always wanted too, parasailed, flown my grandpas aerostar twin engine prop a bit, but never got around to trying it. From the enthusiasm here i might have 2. Sounds like the ultimate adrenaline ride
Logan Marchman

Return to Introductions