From the Asiatic Fleet

Say hello to other friends of the Royal Navy Airship Service!

From the Asiatic Fleet

Postby chesapeakegunner » Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:38 pm

I really don't know what to say here, though introducing myself seems to be a good idea. Name's John. Or Nathan. Whichever or neither. Er, a little about myself; I'm a history major at a rather small college, from Virginia in the United States, a bit scatter minded.

Why I read Flying Cloud? The interwar period and potential conflicts within it has always fascinated me. I've asked for War Plan Orange and War Plan Black for Christmas year after year (haven't gotten either yet) and somewhere in a box I have The Great Pacific War. I really enjoy history in general, mostly military. Through my younger brother I developed an interest in lighter then air aviation though I've never been as passionate about it as he is. By extension I wrote a few stories about a US Navy where rigid airships developed on a greater scale then they ever did in real life. When I found Flying Cloud (through Copper Age maybe?) my head almost exploded from the concentration of sheer awesomeness, for lack of a better way to put it.

Well, I'm terrible at introductions so I'll just let this wreck of a post shudder to a close without making myself any more awkward.
How brave the Frenchmen are, throwing themselves into the sea, unlike those cowardly English, who cling to their ships!
chesapeakegunner

Return to Introductions