Another way to read of the airships

We're always in the market for new ideas.

Another way to read of the airships

Postby dolo724 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:39 am

As noted here: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=219#p1371 , I might have a solution for some folks to consider. :)

I really like reading the story, but I Do Not Like reading it online. So, I tried a solution I use for another story that has a feed, and lets me send chapters to my Kindle. :D

kindlefeeder.com, it's not the only kid on the block but ot works easily for me. 8-)

I tried to set it up using your current rss, but that only feeds the chapter image and a short description of the chapter. No problem as the image shows quite well on the Kindle in greyscale. Briefly upsetting as the story still has to be read online. :(

oh well. It's an idea! :idea:
dolo724

Re: Another way to read of the airships

Postby dolo724 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:05 pm

Now that I've had a chance to check it further, I find there's an option which is almost like actually downloading the story. I used the feeder option I mentioned above and discovered an actual LINK in the rss entry. Nice. :)

I used the Kindle to follow the link, which took me to the appropriate page of the story, then selected the Article View setting on the Kindle menu. :arrow:

Now I can have the cake, and eat it too. You get the benefit of an actual site visit and I get to read it on my Kindle. :D

Carry on! ;)
Know all by these presents that dolo724 has made his foray into the world and returned with cookies!
Defender Of Left-Overs SSN-724, KB0NND, etcetera.
dolo724

Return to The List of Interesting Things