The Great Hierarchy of Flight

If it flies, it's worth talking about.

Re: The Great Hierarchy of Flight

Postby asgaard aardvaark » Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:53 pm

Helicopters don't fly; they vibrate so much and make so much noise that the earth rejects them. :lol:
asgaard aardvaark

Postby asgaard aardvaark » Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:47 am

Check out "fiddlersgreen.net" for some interesting paper aircraft models, including a flyable Lilenthal hang glider or the semi-ridged airship, "Norge" that flew to the north pole. Sorry, they don't have any ridged airships yet. Back in the early 70s, "Air Lines" co. in Britian had issued a model of the R-100.
asgaard aardvaark

Postby asgaard aardvaark » Thu May 20, 2010 2:49 am

check out http://www.currell.net/models/mod_free.htm for free paper model downloads of Graf Zeppelin, R100, R101 and the projected Vickers Transatlantic Liner. They also have a scale hanger and a mooring mast, all in 1/700 scale. Oh--did I mention that they are free?
For those of historic interest, they also offer a model of the "Titanic" and of her sisters "Brittanic" (as a 1915 hospital ship) and "Olympic" as a troopship.
asgaard aardvaark

Postby Kona » Thu May 20, 2010 4:06 pm

O.O

Those are... AMAZING! I was an avid model maker at one time, ships, cars, planes, etc., but I never considered this. Wow!
The tide is out; please leave a message.
Kona

Postby Logan Marchman » Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:16 am

asgaard aardvaark wrote:check out http://www.currell.net/models/mod_free.htm for free paper model downloads of Graf Zeppelin, R100, R101 and the projected Vickers Transatlantic Liner. They also have a scale hanger and a mooring mast, all in 1/700 scale. Oh--did I mention that they are free?
For those of historic interest, they also offer a model of the "Titanic" and of her sisters "Brittanic" (as a 1915 hospital ship) and "Olympic" as a troopship.

And this... Was cool.
Logan Marchman

Postby Sarge » Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:55 pm

I seem to be working my way up the Great Hierarchy. Before I retired three years ago, I was a USAF C-130 flight engineer with 2000 hours, half that logged over Iraq, Afghanistan, and the Persian Gulf region. Three months ago, I finally earned my private pilot license in a Cessna 172.
If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea; Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me. -Psalm 139
Sarge

Location: Wakefield Massachusetts when I can't be in Harrison Maine

Previous

Return to Hang Gliding and Flight