The Flying Cloud EBook is here!

The Flying Cloud EBook is finally here! For news, comments, and discussion about this mighty epic, check here.

The Flying Cloud EBook is here!

Postby PaulGazis » Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:52 am

Log-anticipated, log-awaited, His Majesty’s Airship, the Flying Cloud, Seasons 1 and 2, is finally available as an eBook! Now, for less than the price of a jar of Vegemite, you can download the adventures of Captain Everett and his crew, complete with graphics, to enjoy on your favorite e-reader or mobile device. “Why should I do such a thing when I can access it for free over the Web?” you may ask. There are several good reasons. First, it's convenient. It frees you from the need for wifi or cables and a Web connection. Second, it's handy. E-readers are significantly more portable than laptops, desktops, server clusters, mainframes, and powerful self-aware computers abandoned millenia ago by some forgotten pre-human civilization. They also may have longer battery life than these alternatives, though I’m not quite sure about those powerful self-aware computers. Finally, it’s cheap! Think of it as modest but welcome donation to our favorite airmen, or airwomen as the case may be.

Check it out in the Bookstore.
PaulGazis

Re: The Flying Cloud EBook is here!

Postby Jupiter » Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:26 am

Very nice! However, the link to the bookstore in the sidebar points to airships.paulgazis.com/bookstore.htm, which yields a 404 error.

Are the books solely available for Kindle, or are other e-reader formats also supported?
Jupiter

Postby PaulGazis » Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:06 pm

Hi Jupiter, Thanks for catching the bug in that relative link. I've replaced it with an absolute link, which should work properly.

I only have the Kindle edition out now, but I'll be putting together a Smashwords version as quickly as I can. I'll probably convert the short stories first while I sort out how to manage the graphics and 'Logical Table of Contents'. Stay tuned...
PaulGazis

Postby Pastor_Mac » Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:38 am

How about an iBooks version or a .pdf?
Pax,
Pastor Mac
Pastor_Mac

Postby PaulGazis » Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:44 pm

It sounds like there's a much bigger demand for non-Kindle formats than I expected. I'll push the Smashwords version to the top of my priority list. I started reviewing their publishing guide last night. guide.
PaulGazis

Postby fralanb » Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:50 am

It's great! I like the new graphics, the old ones as well, but miss the hidden messages.
When will seasons 3+4 be out?
:x
fralanb

Postby PaulGazis » Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:19 am

fralanb wrote:It's great! I like the new graphics, the old ones as well, but miss the hidden messages.
When will seasons 3+4 be out?
:x

Thanks! I'm glad you've enjoyed it... and be sure to wrote a Glowing Review if you have a chance :)

I'm aiming for early next year for Seasons 3+4. I'd hoped for this Christmas... but it takes time to do these things right, and we must uphold standards.
PaulGazis

Postby Pastor_Mac » Mon Dec 26, 2016 1:17 am

Our daughter, a fine arts major, btw, at our alma mater, Calvin College, bought us a Kindle for Christmas. I just set it up and bought The Flying Cloud. Nice.
Pax,
Pastor Mac
Pastor_Mac

Return to The Flying Cloud EBook