Professor Koshino's mysterious benefactor...

Questions, answers, comments, and ideas about the story.

Professor Koshino's mysterious benefactor...

Postby PaulGazis » Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:34 pm

Now that we know who stole the Viking Girl and why, we have the question of Professor Koshino's supposed lab assistant. Who is she? Where did she come from? Who, if anyone, is she working for? Who are her allies? Who are her adversaries? And what are her motives?

Life is full of mysteries. These are some of them...
PaulGazis

Re: Professor Koshino's mysterious benefactor...

Postby Kona » Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:09 am

Well it’s obviously the inimitable (and apparently immortal) Mata Hari in one of her very convincing roles. No?

Okay, how about Hedy Lamarr (nee Hedwig Eva Maria Kiesler)? She had the technical chops, having invented or contributed to a number of advances in missile and torpedo guidance systems and eventually today’s Bluetooth and WiFi. However, she wasn’t blond, so never mind…

Well then, I’ll guess it’s our dear friend Natasha from the early seasons of R-505, being as enigmatic as ever. As summarized by Everett in Episode 351, “At first she seemed to be a German agent, but she betrayed them to help our people escape on Ujelang. Sometime after that, she showed up with the American gangsters, pretending to be in a romantic association with their leader. Most recently, she was at the secret air station in Western Australia, where she again took steps to rescue our people.”

She is associated with the equally mysterious Karlov, either as a confederate (wife?) or an adversary, and the murky waters of international politics and doomsday devices swirl around them constantly. She has a history of assisting key players in the game to somewhat suspiciously easy escapes from various captors and evildoers. She seems to be playing, or working for someone who is playing, a particularly long game. And she’s blond…
The tide is out; please leave a message.
Kona

Postby Pastor_Mac » Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:28 pm

Every time I see Natasha I'm immediately thinking of Boris & Natasha trying to get Moose & Squirrel...

Did Michaelson have a brief conversation w/ Karlov at the end of last season? Karlov appears to shift sides as it is opportune. May not be a friend & may not be an enemy, either. Like Harry Mudd.
Pax,
Pastor Mac
Pastor_Mac

Postby Kona » Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:32 am

The Rocky show continues to tickle my funnybone years after I’ve seen the last episode. “No brain, no effect!” And for some reason I still get a chuckle remembering a comic that I think appeared on the back of a cereal box, featuring a maguffin called “the hyperbolem bomb”. I was a very precocious child. And apparently still am.
The tide is out; please leave a message.
Kona

Postby Pastor_Mac » Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:58 am

I think that's why we're all here. A little bit MST3K, a little bit Python, a little bit Firesign Theater, some Prairie Home Companion, some A.A. Milne, definitely Chuck Jones, Agatha Christie, string theory, and Einstein. We get it. And we keep reading.
Pax,
Pastor Mac
Pastor_Mac

Return to The Story