Who's Your Favorite Villain?

The world of the 'Flying Cloud', our world, and worlds that might have been.

Lord Warfield
20%
Lady Warfield
40%
Sir Oswald Mosley
No votes
Fuller
40%
The White Russians
No votes
The Red Russians
No votes
The Governor
No votes
Police Chief Channel
No votes
Captain Michaelson
No votes
Other
No votes

Total votes : 5

Postby PaulGazis » Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:16 pm

We've had quite a few villains by now: Lord and Lady Warfield, Sir Oswald Mosley, Fuller
the White Russians, the Red Russians, Police Chief Channel, the Governor, the Fat Man,
the masters of the Mysterious Cruiser, and possibly Captain Michaelson. Who's your
favorite, and why?

I'll start by casting a vote for Fuller. He may not be much of a villain, but we must
admire the man's determination, even as we wonder at his singular lack of success...
PaulGazis

Re: Who's Your Favorite Villain?

Postby Kona » Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:14 pm

I don't generally care for villains in the same sense as ordinary characters, so it's hard for me to pick a "favorite" one. I would say the Warfields are the most "villainous", in their gleeful relish for weapons, torture and violence in general. Most of the others seem to have idealistic or nationalistic motives and so are simply fulfilling what they see as their duty in "creative" ways.
The tide is out; please leave a message.
Kona

Re: Who's Your Favorite Villain?

Postby Sarge » Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:27 pm

With my background in military aviation, I like to watch the Fat Man for signs that he is who I think he is. I guessed his identity as soon as he appeared, but lately I've been wondering if our mischievous author is misleading us to the obvious conclusion, and perhaps he is someone else entirely. Which allows me to rack my brain for alternate identities not necessarily having the initials HG.

I also enjoy Lady Warfield's obssession with blades. Sitting at my computer and looking at my walls, I see five daggers, six swords, two warhammers, a mace, a flail, a battleaxe, a suit of plate armor, a buckler, and a heater. My first training in swordsmanship was with a foil in 1984, and I have learned many other styles beyond sport fencing in the years since. I will be sorely disappointed if she does not at some point cross blades with at least one of our heroes, preferably Pierre or Captain Everett.
If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea; Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me. -Psalm 139
Sarge

Location: Wakefield Massachusetts when I can't be in Harrison Maine

Return to The World