Who's your favorite character?

The world of the 'Flying Cloud', our world, and worlds that might have been.

Captain Everett
38%
Sarah
10%
Iverson
5%
MacKiernan
No votes
Abercrombie
5%
Jenkins
29%
Howard Phillips
5%
Iwamoto
No votes
Helga (eek!)
10%
Other
No votes

Total votes : 21

Postby PaulGazis » Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:48 am

Who's the most popular character in the world of the Flying Cloud? I'm sure we
could all hazard a guess, but I can't help but wonder. Now. through the Miracle of
Forums, we might be able to find the answer. Who's everyone's favorite, and why?
PaulGazis

Re: Who's your favorite character?

Postby Kona » Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:49 am

Paul, does the forum software allow you to create a poll? That might give better raw data than counting forum posts.

Hands down, my choice has to be Sarah, the only true "sultry island maiden" encountered by the R-505. The sheer audacity of her character, handling ballast control for an airship, drawing-room etiquette and the fine art of spear-throwing, not to mention reconciling her parents’ Presbyterian and “alarming native cuisine” influences, would make her my favorite, even without her dramatic and sometimes hazardous love affair with the dashing but gentlemanly Lieutenant Iverson.
The tide is out; please leave a message.
Kona

Postby PaulGazis » Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:54 am

Kona wrote:Paul, does the forum software allow you to create a poll? That might give better raw data than counting forum posts.

An excellent idea! I'll ask Jenkins. Thanks, Kona!
PaulGazis

Postby peterh » Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:36 am

I cannot help but wonder why Abigail is included in the list of options. She's had less exposure than many other characters such as, say, Howard Phillips, or Michaelson, or Emily, or Claire, or Dabney, or Natascha, or even Channel.

Now, I'm not saying I would've wanted to vote for Channel, but HP is certainly high on my list.

Having said that, I'll stick to my original choice of Most Interesting Character. Which is painfully evident, seeing as to how I am the first one to vote.
Don't panic... we're on the Titanic.
peterh

Postby PaulGazis » Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:58 am

peterh wrote:I cannot help but wonder why Abigail is included in the list of options. She's had less exposure than many other characters such as, say, Howard Phillips, or Michaelson, or Emily, or Claire, or Dabney, or Natascha, or even Channel...

A good question! To which I cannot, off hand, think of an answer :) I've spoken with
Jenkins, and the list has been updated.

Actually... hmm... it occurs to me that Jenkins should be on the list too...
PaulGazis

Postby Mutabilis » Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:19 pm

i want to play helga in the stageplay! i'm predestined for her character, as i'm a 6'3" tall blonde (and yes, that's without heels).
Mutabilis

Postby peterh » Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:34 pm

Mutabilis wrote:i want to play helga in the stageplay! i'm predestined for her character, as i'm a 6'3" tall blonde (and yes, that's without heels).

Goodness gracious. You. Are. My. Favourite!
Don't panic... we're on the Titanic.
peterh

Postby Kona » Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:30 am

Mutabilis wrote:i want to play helga in the stageplay! i'm predestined for her character, as i'm a 6'3" tall blonde (and yes, that's without heels).

I'm... speechless. And more than a little intimidated. I trust you remember ALL of Helga's characteristics, including her um, sensuality. Excuse me now while I go find out where to order tickets for that play... :)
The tide is out; please leave a message.
Kona

Postby Mutabilis » Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:33 am

Kona wrote:

I'm... speechless. And more than a little intimidated. I trust you remember ALL of Helga's characteristics, including her um, sensuality. Excuse me now while I go find out where to order tickets for that play... :)

so you don't want a role in the play?
Mutabilis

Postby Raven » Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:06 am

peterh wrote:Having said that, I'll stick to my original choice of Most Interesting Character. Which is painfully evident, seeing as to how I am the first one to vote.

By this point, however, it is no longer evident. I have just now cast the only existing vote for Howard Phillips, the one character written to be a known (alternate-)historical person, which is a different sort of challenge for the writer than characters all of his own. I want to see Paul maintain HP's portrayal as much as he does the others, like a team member now, not shuffle HP out of sight behind the scenes like an awkward ill-fitting piece. (Not that I'm asking for HP to become The Hero of the saga, you understand....)
     The rain, it raineth on the just, and also on the unjust fella;
     But chiefly on the just, because... the unjust steals the just's umbrella.

-- Charles, Baron Bowen (1835-1894)
Raven

Next

Return to The World