Who's your favorite character?

The world of the 'Flying Cloud', our world, and worlds that might have been.

Who's your favorite character?

Captain Everett
38%
Sarah
10%
Iverson
5%
MacKiernan
No votes
Abercrombie
5%
Jenkins
29%
Howard Phillips
5%
Iwamoto
No votes
Helga (eek!)
10%
Other
No votes

Total votes : 21

Re: Who's your favorite character?

Postby PaulGazis » Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:26 am

As of Wednesday, 27-Oct, the leader seems to be... Jenkins? Who'd have imagined such
a thing? Certainly not I -- I thought it was going to be a sweep for Sarah. I wait with
interest to see how this poll will develop.

It's pretty clear we'll have to have more of these. 'Which FC Character would you most
like to be'
is now on The List, and there has to be a 'Least Favorite Character' poll.
The other possibilities are most certainly food for thought.

BTW, Raven, you needn't fear that Mister... uh... Phillips will vanish. I'll admit I'd
originally intended his to be something of a cameo appearance, but he's much too fun.
Also, does any character ever really vanish in a 1930s-style cliffhanger?
PaulGazis

Postby ASoriano » Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:11 pm

Honestly I would have thought the good Captain would win. But I suppose Jenkins has his appeal what with his invisibility cloak and myriad of secret techniques from the Signal Corps.
ASoriano

Postby peterh » Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:16 pm

While she was not my choice, I would've put money on our Sultry Island Maiden as well.
Don't panic... we're on the Titanic.
peterh

Postby Mutabilis » Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:45 pm

most guys will vote for the character they can best identify with.
Mutabilis

Postby Kona » Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:23 am

Mutabilis wrote:most guys will vote for the character they can best identify with.

I was going to heartily disagree, since my favorite character is a girl, and I most assuredly am not.

But on reflection, I sense many qualities in Sarah that I admire in humans and aspire to in my own life. She is adaptable yet has a highly developed sense of ethics and loyalty. As a product of mixed parentage and cultures, she relates to others from a cosmopolitan viewpoint. She has a high sense of self-esteem without being haughty or condescending. She owns whatever room she is in, be it the drawing room or the battle arena, and she isn’t afraid to get her hands dirty.

I tried to identify with Michael Westen in Burn Notice, all toned physique, quick thinking and gallant derring-do, but I finally relaxed and admitted… I’m Sam.
The tide is out; please leave a message.
Kona

Postby chesapeakegunner » Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:51 am

Okay, so this poll has finally dragged me onto the forum. I could nae let it go without Abercrombie getting one vote.
How brave the Frenchmen are, throwing themselves into the sea, unlike those cowardly English, who cling to their ships!
chesapeakegunner

Postby Kona » Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:11 am

chesapeakegunner wrote:Okay, so this poll has finally dragged me onto the forum. I could nae let it go without Abercrombie getting one vote.

Welcome aboard, Sir! (Salutes)

GMG2 Kona, Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club, at your service. Any member with “gunner” in his screenname has my attention. However, no amount of Googling turns up information on “USS Chesapeake ZR-16”. If you don’t mind my asking, what kind of weapons does the ZR-16 mount?
The tide is out; please leave a message.
Kona

Postby chesapeakegunner » Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:44 am

For that, I salute you.

You've come to the right man, as Chesapeake's ordnance officer that would be my particular area of expertise. At the moment she mounts ten .50 Browning M2 machine guns, four M1919M2 .30 unmounted, and two 20mm Oerlikon guns mounted for testing. For dropped ordnance we can carry almost seven tons (ST) of bombs or depth charges. Estimated. We haven't carried a full load in the bays yet, let alone tried to load those aircraft the War Department want to try out.

Thanks for the welcome.
How brave the Frenchmen are, throwing themselves into the sea, unlike those cowardly English, who cling to their ships!
chesapeakegunner

Postby harrier » Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:35 pm

Add another vote to Captain Everett's score, please! He is everything a British naval captain should be - resourceful, dutiful, flexible, thoughtful. Definitely my favourite character right from my initial introduction to the world of "The Flying Cloud".
harrier

The Play!

Postby aureliusresartus » Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:14 pm

James Earl Jones for the narrator!
Given my age (and my grey hairs) I think i would make a stout Michaelson. I do sublime evil quite nicely. hehe
aureliusresartus

PreviousNext

Return to The World