The play

The world of the 'Flying Cloud', our world, and worlds that might have been.

The play

Postby Mutabilis » Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:52 pm

so who's gonna portray which character in the play?
Mutabilis

Re: The play

Postby peterh » Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:35 pm

You've already claimed your part... convincingly, I might add.

My age makes me unsuitable to play any of the good guys, and the fact that I can speak Dutch makes me quite suitable to play one of the bad guys. Unless Paul will introduce a good Dutch guy into the story somewhere, but I think Paul thinks there are no good Dutch guys, and I think I lack a few properties that would be necessary to even remotely convincingly play the role of Mata Hari. I look horrible in drag, and I cannot convincingly wear heels and walk at the same time.

However...
Looking at the age distribution of the forumites, I think we'll run out of Iversons, Flemings and Sarah's fairly quickly.
I foresee somewhat of a constraint if the cast is to consist entirely of forum visitors.

All dashing young gentlemen and sultry maidens, report!
Don't panic... we're on the Titanic.
peterh

Postby Mutabilis » Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:36 pm

in which case we might have to hire outsiders. any suggestions are welcome, as long as they don't include leo the cabrio.
Mutabilis

Postby ASoriano » Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:28 am

I'd make a good Pierre being fluent in French, martial arts (I think he does savate du rue), and once in a while I've been an "independent businessman". Also, due to my dark hair it's pretty much the only part aside from Sarah I could play.

That said, I suppose with some Nair, make up, and fake boobs I could make a passable Sarah.
ASoriano

Postby Kona » Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:52 am

Once we’ve exhausted these limited possibilities due to gender and age issues, this could go in multiple other directions: “What Hollywood actors would you cast for the FC movie or TV series?” and “What FC characters would you like to roleplay?” for instance.

My choices for actors would be pretty dated, since I’ve barely looked at TV or movies for 10 years. I’m thinking Harrison Ford for HP, and who else but William Shatner for Captain Everett? Gotta cast Jack Nicholson as somebody… Captain Michaelson?

If it’s going to be roleplaying, I already dibs’d Lt. Iverson, but I could be persuaded to play Karlov, who never actually appears in person, or maybe the cassowary.

What I’d really like to be is Sarah’s Ujelang. Wait… did I say that out loud?
The tide is out; please leave a message.
Kona

Postby chesapeakegunner » Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:48 am

Hm. I'm terrible with actors, names or who they should play. If it's what character could we play.... I'd have to be honest and say if a bit older I could play Channel. Someone's gotta play'im.
How brave the Frenchmen are, throwing themselves into the sea, unlike those cowardly English, who cling to their ships!
chesapeakegunner

Postby peterh » Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:44 am

I have an idea. Why didn't I think of this before...??!?
The story really begs to be done as a radio drama... right? right?

That gives us much more freedom, cast-wise. Plus I *love* the creativity you have to unleash to 'paint' a scene using only sound (yes, I *love* radio drama too).
Depending on the script, we might also need a narrator.
Don't panic... we're on the Titanic.
peterh

Postby ASoriano » Sun Oct 31, 2010 2:19 pm

Morgan Freeman as narrator
ASoriano

Postby chesapeakegunner » Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:12 pm

Sweet, radio! As a DJ here at my local college station I would definitely put it on the air. In place of my usual mid-show Dragnet episode. Plus, I could try my Scottish accent for Abercrombie.
How brave the Frenchmen are, throwing themselves into the sea, unlike those cowardly English, who cling to their ships!
chesapeakegunner

Postby katem » Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:40 pm

I would gladly play any of the female characters, and I'm pretty decent with accents and I can dress as a man fairly convincingly should the need arise.

One universal understudy, at your service! :D
katem

Next

Return to The World